Canicross event in Monaghan | A dog's paw

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Canicross event in Monaghan

Leave a Comment

Have you ever run with your dog?
Have you ever tried CaniCross?

Last weekend I went with Jago to a Canicross event in Monaghan.

Canicross can be defined as "running with your dog attached to a belt".

But it is much more than that. At the event there was bikejoring (dog attached to the bike) and also scooter.

I was supposed to run as Jago and I went for a bit of training in the last few months, but unfortunately I am injured at the moment.. so we went only to check the event!

I have to admit that usually I prefer to run with Jago off lead... well he prefers that way.
There is a lot of polemic about off lead dogs and less places where it is possible to let your dog run free.. but I am not entering in that discussion now.

So we got used also to run together with a belt.. I don't have serious harness and belt but just a cheap one bought on ZooPlus.

When we arrived at the event Jago was seriously scared and stressed. He could hear dogs barking and howling in the vans (a lot of huskies, so a lot of talking there :D ). He felt the excitement I guess and didn't really understand what was going on.
But he has been a great dog.. on the lead for hours, just being around, watching other dogs+people running and being friendly with everyone.
Unfortunately he wanted to play with some dogs and he couldn't, because they were "working".

I posted some pictures of the weekend on the other blog but you will find more info about CaniCross on their website

0 comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis